Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

Nov 24, 2015

JEWELRY DISPLAY MADE OUT OF VINTAGE DOORS AND DRESS FORMS


I had this vision....
Doors, dress forms, mirrors, pretty dresses....

I am almost done, I think it needs a chandelier somewhere.... but I wanted to show you the progress I made before packing everything for The Vintage Marketplace next weekend.

I am really happy with the results!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING






Left. I made the belt using a pretty headband made by my friend Cynthia
Center. I use one of my appliques to make the crown
Right. I created the buckle using a metal frame, cardboard for the backing and vintage rhinestones, brooches, resin flowers





Ciao for now
Rita

1 comment:

  1. Love Love LOVE the mannequins! Have a great show! I'm sure you will! xo

    ReplyDelete

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....