Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

Aug 10, 2015

WOODEN PALLET JEWELRY DISPLAY

We are getting ready for the next Vintage Marketplace at the Oaks and I really want to bring some rustic into my booth. I always think of rustic and I think of brown. 
Brown is not one of my favorite colors....so I decided to create some rustic style using gray.


Here it is my newest necklace display stand, 
what do you think?

After adding brackets in the back of the wood to keep the planks together I gave it a coat of paint using Berh linen white paint from Home Depot and sand it a little. I also added different knobs and    hardware to hang the necklaces from. 

 
I love this frame! and had it for so long....
At first I wanted the entire project to be rustic but then I thought why not mix "ornate and rustic". 
I mixed some Behr linen white and rustoleum chalkboard paint to make this gray color.

The frame didn't come with a mirror and since finding old mirror is getting harder and harder I made my own faux aged mirror.
I hope to have a tutorial for you on how to make an aged faux mirror soon...


I can add more hooks and knobs but for now this works!

Ciao for now

Rita


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....