Simplicity

"There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit". Alexander Pope

RITA READE "MAMMABELLARTE"

HOST OF THE VINTAGE MARKETPLACE AT THE OAKS IN RAINBOW, CALIFORNIA
WOODWORKER AND SOLDERING TEACHER.

Aug 13, 2015

HAND PAINTED SIGN

I see more and more artists mass producing signs and there is nothing wrong with that. They are using a wonderful method called SCREEN PRINTING ON WOOD. They probably realized how much time and work it takes to create and handmade/hand painted signs, and kudos to them for doing it and be able to sell the signs a little bit cheaper. 

I haven't reached that point yet.....I still love to hand paint my signs.

So today I started at 8 am and just finished this sign! It only took 7 hours. It's big! 2 feet x 4 feet, and I always wanted to make one just like this. So after all these hours and complaining to myself how much time it took to make it, I am so happy with the results!

Feel free to give me your opinion on screen printing versus hand painted signs....

Ciao for now

Rita


3 comments:

  1. Nothing better than a hand painted sign! They take more time, may cost more, but they are all so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita:-) I had to hop on over to see your sign in full view! It turned out great!!! I've been wondering if I should start stenciling my signs instead of hand lettering because like you mentioned...it takes hours!! I'm curious as to what screen printing is? Is it like a stencil? How does one go about making a sign that way? I'll probably keep hand lettering just because it's all I've ever done, creature of habit ;-) I think your signs are awesome and I can appreciate all the hours you put into them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sign is beautiful! I still hand paint all my signs. The ones I really don't like are made with stickers.

    ReplyDelete

"Sweet" it is to hear from you....